Monday, October 1, 2007

Good Things

I just got back from the gym and the Travel Channel was on while i was in there. It was the "Taste of America" program and they were doing a special on Utah Jello. They say it's the official Utah state dessert. Anyways, they kept showing the SLC temple and talking about how Mormons love jello because it's an inexpensive way to feed their large families, and they showed how to make lime jello with carrots, and at the end they had a big family gathering and everyone brought a different jello mold. Hilarious! The gym was pretty full, and I had to stop riding the bike because I was laughing out loud. Sometimes it's funny to be a Mormon.
So I have a better recipe to share. My mom-in-law sent me this last week. It's a re-creation of a "Corner Bakery" panini. We had Sunday dinner with the Leavitts last night and tried it, it was awesome! The Ghiradelli Ultimate Fudge brownie mix is pretty awesome too.

Panini:
Fresh thin sliced boneless skinless chicken breast (found in the fresh meat case, sliced paper thin-ours says "perfect for scaloppini" on the package.
Provolone cheese sliced
Knorr packaged pesto sauce prepared (or your favorite pesto)
Fresh basil, rough chopped
Fresh baby spinach
Sun dried tomatoes from a jar-rough chopped(or dried worked well)
Sourdough bread/butter
Spray a pan with cooking spray and heat to medium. Cook chicken until done. They are pretty thin and cook fast, so take them off the heat right away so they stay moist, we even covered ours with foil afterwards.
Brush bread with pesto, top with cheese and cook in buttered pan until cheese is melted and bread is toasted.
Add chicken, basil, spinach and tomatoes and top with another piece of bread, toasted the same way.
LOVE IT!

Here's another good thing, The Rockies are in a 3-way tie for the playoffs. It's pretty fun to be in a city that loves their sports teams so much and that actually has pretty good teams. So far Spencer and I have been to a Rockies vs. Cubs game, A Rapids pro-soccer game, and an Avalanche pro-hockey game. Loved them all, especially the Rapids game, and now we just have the Broncos and Nuggets to go.
And, I just had my first full week of photography appointments. I had one a day for the whole week. So fun!

2 comments:

Alisa said...

The Jell-o story is still funny, even though you just told it to me on the phone! Congrats on the full photo week, I'm sure you'll have many more of those.

Nate and Julie said...

Sounds yummy! Let's see if I can scrounge up the ingredients so we can try it. Thanks for sharing!