Monday, October 15, 2007

Estes Park, Colorado







A couple of months back I got a call from the Stake Single Adult rep asking me to give a photo seminar at their retreat in Estes Park, CO. Even though the logistics changed as the date approached from a two night hotel stay and two days comped meals deal; "a second honeymoon" was how it was phrased. To a "bring your own toilet paper, ear plugs and you might be split up and sharing rooms with the singles campout. We worked it out and ended up having a lot of fun.
We passed on the overnight thing altogether, and went to a Wayne Brady improv concert Friday night instead, and then we drove up early Saturday morning. The workshop went well, we cashed in our lunch tickets at the cafeteria, and then Spencer and I spent the rest of the day checking out Rocky Mountain National Park. It was kind of a misty cold day, but the colors outside were amazing, and we even experienced our first snow of the season when we hit the top of a mountain at almost 13,000 feet elevation. You can see from the picture I shot out the windshield that it was coming down pretty good. Have I mentioned how much we like Colorado.

7 comments:

Alisa said...

So pretty. Can I come next time?

Melanie said...

Great pictures Andi!! Fall is so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

That area is really pretty. That was part of my area while I was serving on my mission. Were you able to pass threw Loveland?

Andi said...

Who is this that served in Colorado?
I'm so curious...

parkinfamily said...

Andi...I came across your page from Cindy's. How are you? You're in Colorado now? We will be there for part of Christmas break, I would love to see you. You guys look great. Talk to you soon.

Jen (Russell) Parkin

Anonymous said...

It's Cami, not sure why my name didn't come threw

Anonymous said...

I'm the one who served in Colorado