Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Our last "Paris Street Market"






This past Saturday was our last market for the season (high-5 Tara.)
It's funny to think of how much better and more efficient we've become at everything since the first one in June... uuugghh that was pretty ugly. We've had a lot of fun, a little frustration of course, and a lot of hard work. We've both been covered in black and cream spray paint for 6 months, and we even have calloused fingers from it. Tara has dealt with a checkerboard lawn all summer, and i think we've surprised our husbands at how much 2 girls can really move around.
It'll be nice to have a break, especially from the 3am market mornings, but we're excited to get going on next years market season, and we're thinking of renting a space at a local antique store between now and then. I just got a call this morning from a lady that has a store at Cherry Creek, that is interested in selling some of our items, and the exposure at the market for my photography has been amazing. I would say 80% of my business comes from people that saw my work at our booth.
It's turned out to be a pretty cool experience.
I've attached some pictures from the September market, so you all can see what our space looked like. I like the one of all the people shopping, that's my favorite part!

3 comments:

Alisa said...

Your stuff looks so awesome! I'm seriously hiring you if I ever get a house (and some money!)

Melanie said...

You have such a good eye and creativity for EVERYTHING! It sure looks like a lot of work and a lot of fun!!

Anonymous said...

You are seriously SO motivated. I'm totally impressed! I want to buy stuff from you guys it all looks adorable! Come decorate my house will you?