Sunday, September 23, 2007

Whirlwind Road Trip

Spencer and I just got back this evening from a weekend road trip to Salt Lake City, Utah. We left Friday at 1:30pm and got into Provo around 9:30pm. Long drive right? Surprisingly, it wasn't bad. Good company, good music, and it was pretty incredible up in the mountains. The leaves have just started to change, and I'd forgotten how dramatic the landscape out west can be.
To recap: we crashed with Nate and Julie at BYU Friday night and then Saturday we headed to Mt. Timpanogos for the wedding festivities, Jen Miller..now Jen Lee, got married. After the sealing we headed back to Provo for dinner with Nate and Julie, and then all the way to Salt Lake for some play time with Aubry. It was so fun to be able to see everybody, even if it was only for a few hours. Whew...
It was a quick trip, too quick if you ask me, but well worth it! I thought about the wedding a lot on the drive home and was feeling pretty lucky to have such good friends. I cant believe it had been 3 years since we last saw each other. I met Jen and Mishelle on Vashon Island, Washington in 2000 during our first semester of college. Even though we went our separate ways in the years that followed that freshman adventure, they have remained two of my most favorite people. You two are hilarious by the way, and I've been re-inspired to be a better keep-in-toucher. Here's to our triple date vacation!
Oh, and Mishelle, I've had this song stuck in my head since I saw you yesterday, so in honor of Fall here goes:"Come said the wind to the leaves one day, Come to the meadow with me and play, Put on your dresses of red and gold, For the summer is gone and the days grow cold."

1 comment:

aubry. said...

andi-head, saturday night was my favorite night ever! we should reunite like that more often... 'cept we should add in some shopping or fine dining next time. i pretty much love it when you're near. keep your eyes peeled for the ding! specials... and i'll keep my eyes peeled for concerts. we've gotta keep this up.

aubry-head.