Tuesday, February 3, 2009

the nursery






Since I'm off work this week, Spencer and I have been busy finishing up the nursery. There are still a couple of projects in the works, (something for the side table and a couple of photographs of course), but I thought I'd post a few photos of where we are right now. I wish we could have painted, but it's a rental, so white walls will have to do.
We've heard that babies see best when things are high contrast, and that babies in yellow nurseries tend to have happier dispositions. Who knows, but when we saw this bedding we were sold.
We're on a bit of a budget so we ended up making most of the decorative elements. We're really happy with the way the mobile turned out, but I'd have to say that my favorite part is Spencer's sketch. What a talented husband I have!
Now all we need is our baby girl, 5 days and counting...

13 comments:

katina said...

Hi Andy!! I keep checking your blog to find out if your little girl has come yet...I can't wait!! Your nursery looks absolutely beautiful!! Good luck with the coming weeks!

robin said...

oh andi, i love it! love it love it love it . . . and i especially love the sketch too. way to go spencer!

i can't wait to meet her . . .

Marci said...

Andi...this little nursery is darling! I love it...white walls and all! I agree with you and Bobin...the sketch is definitely the icing on the cake! Your little Miss is going to be such a doll-face.

Ty and Kumari said...

Super Cute!! We just can't wait to see little Olive now! Hope the birth all goes well!!

ATT Hickson said...

When I have the money, I am TOTALLY flying you down to Texas to decorate my house. You have an amazing eye for interior design!

Cindy Bigelow said...

it's perfect, lady. absolutely perfect. and i can't wait for a darling little girl to complete it's perfection.

i can't wait to meet her. tell her aunt cindy loves her, k?

and i must talk to you this week...before she comes and your life completely changes. i'll try you again tomorrow.

i hope you are enjoying your week off!

love ya.

Alisa said...

Thanks for posting pictures. What a talented sister and brother in law I have. It's perfect.

Nicole Leavitt said...

Wow this should be in a catalog! You made that mobile? It is darling!!! I love the pictures! Wow you are awesome!

DK Johnston said...

SO cute! That mobile is adorable. Good luck the next couple of days. What a fun time for you guys!!

Lisa-Marie said...

That is marvelous! I just LOVE it. Do you just sit in there and pine for your baby? I can remember doing that when Sirri's nursery was all ready to go but didn't have a baby for it yet!!!

I can't wait to see the sweet thing.

Kelsey Kamauu said...

It looks fabulous! You are so talented...no one would ever know you didn't pay top dollar for it all :) So, best of luck the last bit...hope she is a timely for you. :) So exciting!

Nicole said...

Love, love, love the colors! You are so talented. Did I mention I love the colors? Can't wait to see the pictures of your little one!

Katie Eagy said...

Thinking of you lots these days! Send good news soon!