Sunday, September 11, 2011

bedtime

most nights in our home go something like this...

while i feed harrison and put him to bed,
"daddio" (as she fondly calls him) helps olive with pajamas, brushing teeth, saying prayers, and storytime.
once harrison is in bed, i cut in for singing time with olive.

we usually choose a couple from the following playlist:

"dumb dog"-annie
"tomorrow"-annie
"i'm trying to be like jesus"
"heavenly father loves me"
"how do you know" -enchanted
"you are my sunshine"

and we almost always close with:
"abide with me"
...funny huh? it puts her right to sleep.

it's a beautiful song, and i especially love the last line-
"through cloud and sunshine Lord, abide with me."

2 comments:

aubry. said...

yesss. i haven't been able to shake that line since you shared it last weekend. i figured it's too personal to blast in my living room... it belongs upstairs with me.

another good one i discovered today - albeit patriotic - from verse 2 (or 3?) of America the Beautiful: "God mend thine ev'ry flaw"

dang music, gets me every time.

robin said...

i always find it so funny what songs kids choose to love!

and i love abide with me. i have a hard time singing that one without crying...