Thursday, November 20, 2008

a stinker of a day...

Working for a non-profit definitely has it's perks, and one of them is that we get most all holiday's off, most recently-Veterans Day. So, since Spencer and I are a 1 car, 2 bike family, we decided it would be a good day to get a wheel bearing replaced on our car. We have always had our car serviced at the dealership, but this time we shopped around and took it to a little mom and pop place that was recommended to us.

Well, the small wheel bearing problem turned into a large "you need a new transmission" and it's going to cost you $xxxx.xx problem. I called Honda immediately to check on our warranty, which had conveniently expired in August of this year, but after a less than pleasant conversation with Honda, they agreed to look it over and "work with us".

Long story short, we picked it up, drove it to Honda, took a rental car home for the night and were told the next day that the transmission was fine, but BOTH front wheel bearings needed to be replaced and it was going to cost $xxx.xx, still ouch, but not as shocking after the transmission scare.

I hate car problems!

Anyways, to add to the stinkiness of the day, we came home and were making smoothies for dinner when our blender exploded throwing smoothie and chunks of glass all over our kitchen and dining room.

So, I got out the vacuum to clean up the glass from the carpet when it started to smoke and stopped working. Broken belt it turns out but aarrrggghh, i was not happy, and our house smelled of crusty rubber for the next 2 days.

And, to top it off my sweet husband, who i love, forgot to put the seat down...Yep, all the way in.

And then I cried.

8 comments:

Darren Clark said...

Ha, hilarious...
Thanks for sharing. I trust everything else is well.

Katie Eagy said...

That's a pretty bad day! I have to say...I laughed thinking about you going "all the way in" - that's impressive! Here's to a better tomorrow - cheers, my friend!

Cindy Bigelow said...

i'm so sorry, i'm laughing.

Alisa said...

You told me about this day, but this time around it's making me laugh even more. Sorry. Love you!

Lisa-Marie said...

I'm sorry. Stinky days....STINK! Hope things are looking up.

And at least your rear is little enough to fit all the way in. I'm not sure mine would be.

katina said...

Oh Andi. I know it sucks, but I couldn't help but giggle. Do you want to borrow our vacuum?

Somehow, being pregnant makes everything worse doesn't it?!? Hope you have a better day!!

love, katina

aubry. said...

what!? you're blogging@? you're back! i love it. even if it was to talk about horrible things.

come to salt lake and i'll make it all better.

lara said...

andi! oh, this story...oh boy. sorry about all that! you are looking amazing though, so it's worth it. i miss you. what are your christmas plans? let's get together if you'll be around...i'll be home on the 19th/20th.