Friday, August 29, 2008

catching up...

I can't believe it's been a month since I last posted. July and August have flown by, and the mornings here are seeming more and more like Fall. Just the other day I was telling Spencer that it smells like Halloween outside. (I'm weird, but it did.)

A few summer highlights:
-I turned 26 last month and I got a new Hobo handbag for my birthday. Yeah!
-Spencer and I and Nate and Julie went backpacking a few weekends ago and had a blast. It was fun to be camping again, it's always been one of my favorite Frederiksen past-times.
-I'm finally into my second trimester, about 17 weeks already! I'm feeling really good, just a little rounder, and embracing elastic pants whole heartedly. I'm not nearly as tired as I was in the beginning and I'm so grateful because...
-Photography has been crazy busy. Exhausting, and wonderful all at the same time. (My biggest excuse for neglecting the blog.)
-I photographed two weddings in August, one in Boise, as well as senior photos about every weekday. It feels overwhelming right now since I'm working during the day too, but I think it will slow down a bit since school has started and I'll be grateful to have the daytime work.
-While I was in Boise, Mom, Dad, Tanner and I went to the Idaho State Fair. I used to go every year as a kid and I loved it. It was fun to be back and it brought back so many memories of Katie, Alisa and I: Working the hot dog stand at Les Bois, Trying to break the record for the number of backflips on the zipper, and those wonderfully disgusting "pound-o-fries" at the Jones booth. Yes, a whole pound.
-Spencer is making some great connections with the job hunt, and we're hopeful that he'll find something great...sooner rather than later. We're definitely being blessed along the way.
-We have our next Dr.'s appointment on Tuesday, and our 20 week ultrasound is scheduled for September 19th. A lot of people have asked what gender we think is, and honestly, I haven't had any strong premonitions one way or the other, is that weird? I'm just grateful to have a healthy baby so far, and hope it will continue to be so.

Thanks to everyone that checked in on us. Yes, we are alive and well, we've just had a busy couple of months.

3 comments:

Katie Eagy said...

Yay - I'm glad to hear baby is growing and doing well! And all the tiredness...it's for a good cause. I'm thrilled for you guys!

I ALWAYS think of you when we're at the fair - I think we went just about every year together as kids. Now we take our kids...and they "pretend" going to the fair all year long. It's a much-anticipated event!

Be sure to post your boy/girl info when you know! I think it would be cool if you had a boy like we're having!

Lisa-Marie said...

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better, especially with how busy you have been!

The 20 week ultrasound is so much fun and amazing and incredible and miraculous!

Ah, the Boise fair.

Chelsea said...

Hi Andi. Thanks for hanging out with me at the stake fair!