Sunday, April 6, 2008

family fun: week 2














Well, Mom and Dad made the long drive home on Friday, but the Peterson's hung around for a whole other week. My sister is the greatest, and it was so fun to have her come to visit. She really is my best friend and her kids are so fun. We loved having kids in our home to play with and laugh at all the silly things they do and say. Some of the week 2 adventures included: Alvin and the Chipmunks, Horton Hears a Who and 27 Dresses that Alisa and I snuck away to while Spencer supervised the sleeping kiddos. We spent an evening at the Children's Museum where Ella had a love/hate relationship with her armadillo...we think...costume. We enrolled the kids in a playgroup/gym class, we shopped a little, hung out at the park, made sugar cookies, paper airplanes, forts, and lots of pirate and dragon coloring pages. Alisa and I went to the Hotel Cafe Tour Friday night which was overall pretty great minus some Jim Bianco guy that I wanted to throw tomatoes at, and the fact that I wore heals and then found out that it was a standing concert that lasted 3 1/2 hours, but Ingrid Michaelson was well worth it. Spencer had a nightly wrestling match with Owen, and Ella contributed a pretty good body slam a time or two as well. We hit up Chucky Cheese's of course, which the kids loved and Alisa and I took headaches away from, and the cupcake cafe stop was pretty yummy. It was so fun to have them, and always sad to watch them leave but we're excited to meet up again at the Oregon Coast in June. Love you guys.
p.s. looking back at the post I should have probably made a slideshow...sorry for the million pictures.

4 comments:

Katie Eagy said...

So much fun! Your home looks amazing, Andi! Come decorate mine!

ATT Hickson said...

What fun to have your family come to see you! I'm heading to Boise May 7 - 13th to be with the fam and I'm pretty excited!

robin said...

love your blog andi. you and spencer are way too cool! sounds like you're loving denver. yeah, that cath kidston. i want it ALL.

Nicole said...

What a fun time having your family come into town! I can't believe how much Alisa's daughter looks like her, she is so cute!