Sunday, April 6, 2008

family fun: week 1









My parents and little brother Tanner drove in from Boise on Saturday March 22nd for spring break, and my sister and her 2 kids took the train from Chicago and got into Denver the following Tuesday. It was so fun to have family around, and the 2 weeks of family adventures went by way too fast.
Some of my favorite highlights from the first week were:
Playing guitar with Dad, having kids around to wrestle with, bowling of course...such nerds, Hammond's candy factory tour, mini golf...nerds again, but so fun, taking advantage of Nana and Papa's hotel hot tub, eating out on Dad...another tradition I love, movies and ice cream and Mom's home cooking and key lime pie. As I've gotten older and my visits with Mom and Dad have become fewer, I realize more and more how lucky I am to have such great parents. I have never questioned their love for me nor their focus in life to do the right things. They are great examples to me of faith and love and patience, not to mention good humor. Thanks for coming you guys.

No comments: